XAT 2023 details have been released and this time XAT will be conducted on January 08, 2023. The registration process for the exam has been started and remains open till November 30, 2022. All interested candidates have to visit the official website of the XAT exam in order to fill up their application forms. Like the past few years, the registration process is completely online and there is no provision for offline form submission.
XAT 2023 notification was officially released by XLRI who is the conducting body of the exam. As detailed mentioned in the notification there is a major change introduced in the exam pattern, syllabus, or in marking scheme. Also, essay writing will be part of the examination that was reintroduced by XAT last year. Scores obtained from essay writing will not be considered while calculating the percentile but they will be part of the assessment in the personal interview round. Complete clarity about the essay writing section will be known after XLRI released the mock test series.
What is XAT Exam?
XAT or Xavier aptitude test is a management entrance exam organized at the national level by Xaviers School of Management, Jamshedpur. XAT is conducted for offering seats to management courses offered by various colleges. It is designed to filter the most deserving candidate among all applicants. Not only XAT and 10 XAMI member colleges, but more than 1200 business schools consider the score of XAT for admissions in PG management courses. Like other management entrance exams in India, it also tests the aptitude-related skills of candidates. The XAT exam syllabus includes - Logical reasoning, Verbal ability, Data Interpretation, General Knowledge, Quantitative ability, and essay writing. In total 100 MCQ-based questions are asked in the exam on above-mentioned topics.
Imporant Information and Updates of XAT 2023 Exam
|Full Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Motive||Admission into MBA/PGDM/EPGDM/PGCM courses offered by AICTE approved colleges|
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|XAT Exam Date||January 08, 2023|
|Duration||190 minutes (3 hours + 10 Minutes)|
|Exam Mode||Online Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Number of Applicants||Around 1,00,000|
|Fee of Exam Form||For All Candidates - 2000/- INR|
|Exam Centers||75+ Cities in India|
|Sections in Exam||Mainly 5 Sections - Essay Writing, Logical and Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation & Quantitative Ability, General Knowledge|
Eligibility Criteria of XAT 2023
If you are looking to participate in XAT then you need to satisfy the below-mentioned criteria :
- Candidates need to have a 3 year graduatiom degree in any stream from any recognised university.
- FInal year students or the candidates waititng for result are eligible for this exam.
- Unlike other entrance exam here no minimum marks required.
- Also there is no limitation on age.
- Candidates with professional degree or working expiernce are also eligible.
As mentioned earlier in this article, the registration process for this exam started on August 10, 2022. Interested students can fill up their exam form by visiting the official XAT site on or before November 30, 2022, as it is the last date to apply. The XAT 2023 registration process will be online like any other exam and mandatory for everyone who wants to appear in this exam. XLRI will charge 1800/- INR from all the candidates for exam registration.
|Classification of XAT Exam Syllabus|
|Quanatative Ability & Data Interpretation||
|Verbal and Logical Ability||
In 2022, essay writing was reintroduced in the exam and become part of the overall syllabus. Although the number of essay writing will not be considered during the calculation of the percentile. But it will be taken into count while the personal interview round.
Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
- All the questions asked in the exam will be MCQ (multiple choice questions) based.
- A total of 100 questions will come in the exam.
- XAT 2023 will have 5 compulsory sectionn.
- The exam mode will be online computer based.
- Candidates will get 1 marks for every right answer they do.
- There is a negative marking in this exam and -0.25 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted for an empty answer.
- Candidates have to solve the question paper in 190 minutes.
XAT Selection Process
Many students think the XAT Selection process only consists of online exams but that's not the case all the time. Almost all the top management institutes conduct a complete XAT selection process which includes - Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interviews. As mentioned earlier that each business school has its own criteria for XAT Scores and according to that they give weightage to all the rounds which can be different. For securing admission a candidate needs to clear all the rounds of selection process mentioned below.
- Candidates who have scored marks more than the qualifying xat exam cutoff will be shortlisted for further rounds. After successful qualification in the exam, candidates are required to fill up the application form and book their slot for GD and PI rounds.
- Participating in the GD and Personal Interview Rounds.
- After All three round institute will declares the final merit list.
XAT Exam Expected Cut-Off of Top MBA Colleges
|XAT Expected 2023 Cut Off|
|No.||Name of College||Cutoff Percentile 2023||Location|
|4||Great Lakes Institute of Management||85||Chennai|
|5||KJ Somaiya Institute of Management||90||Mumbai|
|6||FORE School of Management||85||Delhi|
|9||Birla Institute of Management Technology||83||Greater Noida|