As per the information received from the sources, the CMAT 2023 will be going conducted in the month of April. It is expected that NTA (National Test Agency) will release the official notification about the exam in the third week of February 2023. Although there is no information released by the NTA regarding the CMAT Exam. In the 2023 session, more than 1350 management Institutes will accept admission via this exam. All the candidates who are going to participate in CMAT 2023 exam are advised to visit our site frequently for the latest updates.
What is CMAT Exam?
CMAT - Common Management Admission Test is a national-level aptitude assessment exam. It is conducted once a year by the National test Agency. All the AICTE-approved colleges accept admission via CMAT scorecard in their management courses. CMAT is the second most popular and important exam after the CAT for all MBA aspirants. They early waiting for this exam to be happened reason being it unlocked the opportunity to take admitted to some of the top MBA colleges in India. Aspirants can take admitted to MBA/PGDM courses in business schools via this exam.
CMAT is a national-level exam organized in 100+ cities in India. All the participating institutions have their own criteria to select candidates. And based on that criterion all institute release their cutoffs and invite aspirants for the further process. The difficulty level of this exam is moderate to high. It checks the aptitude-related skills of the candidates. In 2022 more than 70000 students appear in this exam.
Imporant Information and Updates of CAT 2023 Exam
|Full Name||Common Management Admission Test|
|Motive||Admission into MBA/PGDM/EPGDM/PGCM courses offered by AICTE approved colleges|
|Duration||180 minutes (3 hours )|
|Exam Mode||Online Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|CMAT Exam Date||Final Week of March 2023 (Expected)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Exam Slots||Single 03 PM - 06 PM|
|Fee of Exam Form||For General Male Aspirants - 2000/- INR only and for Woman/OBC/EWS/SC/ST/PWD- 1000/- INR only|
|Sections in Exam||Mainly 5 Sections - Language Comprehension, Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
Eligibility Criteria of CMAT 2023
If you are looking to participate in CMAT then you need to satisfy the below-mentioned criteria :
- A student with a graduation degree from any recognized university in India can apply for the CMAT 2023 Exam.
- Student from all the streams is welcome to apply for the exam.
- No age limitation for participating in the exam means a person of any age can appear in the exam.
- Unlike the CAT exam in this, no minimum marks are required for a graduate degree. A candidate only needs to earn a graduate degree without any ATKT.
- Final year appearing students are also eligible for the exam as they need to provide their education certificate at the time of admission if they get selected.
|Classification of CMAT Exam Syllabus|
|Quanatative Techniques & Data Interpretation||
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship||
In 2023 one more compulsory section was introduced in the CMAT exam - Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Earlier it was an optional section for all the aspirants. And now exam divied in 5 sections with 20 question each. Exam syllabus of CMAT is officially annonced by the AICTE. All the section in the exam are complusory to attemt otherwise candidate will not be able to qualify for the next rounds.
|Other MBA Entrance Exam|
|CAT Exam||Exam Date of CAT||CAT Previous Year Paper|
|XAT Exam||Exam Date of XAT 2023||XAT Registration|
Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
- All the questions asked in the exam will be MCQ (multiple choice questions) based.
- A total of 100 questions will come in the exam.
- CMAT 2023 will have 5 compulsory sections with 20 questions from each section.
- The exam mode will be online computer based.
- Candidates will get 4 marks for every right answer they do.
- There is a negative marking in this exam and -1 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted for an empty answer.
- Candidates have to solve the question paper in 180 minutes.
CMAT Selection Process
Many students think the CMAT Selection process only consists of online exams but that's not the case most of the time. Many reputed and top management institutes conduct a complete CMAT selection process which includes - Group discussions and Personal Interviews. As mentioned earlier that each business school has its own criteria for CMAT and according to that they give weightage to all the rounds which can be different. For securing admission a candidate needs to appear in the three processes mentioned below.
- Selecting the candidate through the marks Online Aptitude Exam.
- Conducting the GD and PI Rounds.
- After All three round declares the final merit list of all the selected candidates.
CMAT Exam Expected Cut-Off of Top MBA Colleges
|CMAT Cut Off|
|No.||Name of College||Cutoff Percentile 2023||Location|
|2||Goa Institute of Management||97||Goa|
|4||Great Lakes Institute of Management,||95||Chennai|
|5||KJ Somaiya Institute of Management||96||Mumbai|
|6||Xavier Institute of Social Service||95||Ranchi|
|7||Dept of Management Sciences, University of Pune||95||Pune|
|10||Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management||85||Gwalior|